It's hard to believe the festive season is upon us with only a week to go until the big man arrives!
The children have really enjoyed taking part in creating beautiful Christmas craft and singing Christmas songs. We have also had frequent visits from our Elf on the Shelf "Elfie"... even has been reporting back to Santa how well behaved the children of Daisy Hill Early Learning centre are. I only wish we could report back to Santa how cheeky that Elf has been.
We thank all of our wonderful families for the gifts and sweet treats that we have been given. We love our job and we do it each day with genuine appreciation and care of being able to spend time with you and your children, so when our hard work is recognised by families, we are even more appreciative! Thank you for an amazing year and we look forward to doing it all again next year!
MERRY CHRISTMAS. Have a safe and Happy Holiday
- Please remember to sign your child in and out. This is very important as it is a regulation which we have to comply with.
- Please remember to inform us if your child is not attending for whatever reason.
- Please ensure you send along a change of clothes in your child's bag daily.
- Be aware that we are a healthy-eating child care centre; therefore please send along healthy snacks for your children. For suggestions come and see us in the office for ideas.
Soft Christmas Cookies
- 3 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Step 1: Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together, set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Gradually blend in the sifted ingredients until fully absorbed. Cover dough, and chill for 2 hours.
- Step 2: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. On a clean floured surface, roll out small portions of chilled dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut out shapes using cookie cutters.
- Step 3: Bake 6 to 8 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are barely brown. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
Days that the centre is CLOSED:
27th and 28th December