Another great month. This year is just flying by, I cannot believe that it is nearly October! This must mean we're just having too much fun.
If possible, Like us on Facebook to stay up to date with current centre news and information.
As promised...Thank you to the children that have been so proactive in putting their sunscreen on everyday! We have some very sun smart cookies!
Hi everyone! Now that spring is here, we have been enjoying plenty of fun outdoors. The children have had time in active games such as ring toss, bowling, chalk drawing on the veranda as well as drawing with pastel colours on the different surfaces.
We have been using and learning colours through paints, food colouring and with the thick oil crayons. The children express and reflect through creative expression. We can learn a lot about children and the way they like to paint and draw.
Some of the areas of focus are nature, language and building relationships with one another. We are lucky that our little cherubs have been together for such a period of time that their interactions are very natural which is also the reason why they sometimes need reminding to use gentle hands.
Our program will expand on new experiences through language and play to reflect the interests of the children, allowing several opportunities for open-ended exploration.
We want to welcome beautiful Miss Mia to our Nursery classroom! She is such a special addition to our already wonderful class and we are so excited to have her and her family at our centre. Miss Trudy and Alisha were feeling quite outnumbered with all those cute boys, Nixon, Xavier and Huddy!
Come on down to sensory town! We have been focusing on babies sensory development in the past couple of weeks.
We are wanting to do an 'all about me' tree in our Nursery classroom and we are hoping that our families could bring in a couple of family pictures (Mum, Dad, Me, our family pet and any family members that are special to me). It would be lovely for the children to be able to share these images of loved ones with each other.
The weather is warming up now so we will start some water play activities in the coming weeks! #excitedmuch
Welcome to all of our new families! We are happy to have you in our room and we hope you enjoy your stay with us :-)
We all have had lots of fun learning all about technology, in a fun way! Recently we had a bunch of office items donated such as computer, EFTPOS machines, cash register and calculators! The children have really enjoyed using this equipment and making pop up office blocks. Very cute!
We are also focusing on our packing away skills; we are all getting very clever in helping to make our room look nice and clean after free play experiences.. Any feedback that you can contribute to our program is greatly appreciated.
Policy Review 03-Accessing of Children Policy
* To ensure that all children are protected from harm * To ensure that the dignity of all children is respected *To protect the privacy of all children
To assist educators to ensure that children are protected from harm, respected and given the privacy they deserve, we ask that parents adhere to the following points:
* Only parents/guardians or authorised persons on the enrolment form will be permitted to enter the group in which their child/ren are being cared for.
* Educators will not permit a parent or unauthorised person to visit or observe someone else's child.
* Parents are required at all times to notify an educato6r or provide written notification for someone else to observe their child at play or rest, even if he person in question is a friend or family member.
* Parents will supply the name of the person, time and arrival and a brief description to the educator in charge of their child's group.
* Parents are to inform the person who will be visiting or observing their child to bring in some form of photo identification.
* Parents are requested to inform all family members and friends about this policy.
These measures are taken to ensure that your child is protected from arm, their dignity respected and privacy protected.
*KAL Nominated supervisors and KAL management, Nominated supervisor meeting 2003 *Education and Care services Nominated Regulations- Regulation 99, 168(2)(f)(g)(h) *National Quality Framework- Standard 2.3, 7.1
Our wonderful and hard working Educators Shar, Marivic & Trudy have all achieved ten year long service. We are so proud of their efforts and are very lucky to have them as dedicated Educators at Daisy Hill ELC. Thank you Ladies.
Miss Nicole Creamy Tuna pasta bake