From the Office:
Welcome to the June edition of our newsletter - the half way point of the year, can you believe we are already here. Time certainly does fly doesn't it.
Firstly, I would like to remind families that we have a few new policies/procedures and I have been posting them up each week near the sign in and out kiosks for you to have a read of. As always, if you have any questions in regards to these policies/procedures or their updates - please do not hesitate to ask.
The following policies/procedures have been updated:
* Indoor and Outdoor Environment
* Centre Governance and Management
* Community Organisations on Approved Premises
* Policy Development, Review and Endorsement
A few reminders to be shared:
* Pie drive orders and payment need to be returned to the centre by Wednesday 19th June. Pies will be ready to be collected from 2 pm on Thursday 27th June.
* As we near the end of the financial year, some families may have reached their CCS cap. Please click on the link provided to find out more information about how this works and/or can affect your family and finances.
* As the weather is getting colder at times, please ensure that you have warmer clothes in your child/ren's bags. Please also have cooler clothes as well as the temperature can fluctuate and our educators are then able to dress your child/ren according to the current weather moments.
* Please remember as you are entering and leaving the classrooms, to ensure that you are securely closing ALL doors. Your understanding and co-operation with this is truly appreciated.
* Another important request to parents - please ensure that you are dropping off your child to an area where educators are. We are finding some children being left alone in classrooms when being dropped off. For your child's safety we ask that you drop them off where educators are - each and every time your child attends. Thank you in advance for your co-operation with this concern.
Important information regarding the Kindergarten room:
There will be a change of staffing in the Kindergarten room over the next few weeks. Miss Aparna will be leaving on Friday the 28th of June and we have a new ECT (Early Childhood Teacher) - Miss Aman, who will be starting with the children on Monday July 29th. In the interim Miss Sally will be with Miss Amandeep in the Kindergarten room.
An interesting tidbit for you all - Miss Aman used to be a parent at the centre, her child used to attend our Nursery in 2010/2011, she has also worked for one of our sister centres as an ECT for a number of years before teaching at schools. Miss Aman brings with her a unique combination of understanding and experience of teaching requirements and child care demands combined.
We would like to take the time to wish Miss Aparna all the best with everything and thank her for all she has done during her time here at the centre with us. We look forward to welcoming Miss Aman and seeing what adventures she has in store for the Kindergarten room, children and learning.
* Remember - anytime you have any suggestions or concerns about the centre, please do let me know.
Till next month,
With a smile :-)