Reading aloud and sharing stories with your child is a great way to spend time together. reading and story telling also helps promote language, literacy and brain development.
Reading and sharing stories can:
* Help your child become familiar with words, sounds, language and the value of books
* Spark your child's imagination, stimulate curiosity and help with their brain development
* Help your child learn the difference between real and make-believe
* Help your child understand change and new or frightening events, and also the strong emotions that can go with them
* Help your child develop early literacy skills like the ability to listen to and understand words
To further enhance our literacy development amongst the children here at the Centre each month we distribute the latest edition of Scholastic Book Club for families to purchase books at a discounted price to share with their children at home. The latest edition of Book Club is now available in your child pocket. All orders and payment need to be returned to the Centre by the 6th September 2017.