Welcome to March's Edition of Jellybean News!
Firstly, we would like to extend a warm welcome to our new families that have recently joined us. We are so excited to be part of your child's journey creating wonderful memories that will be remembered for years to come.
Assessment and Rating Visit
We are excited to announce we will have our Assessment and Rating Visit somewhere between the 5th April and the 3rd May 2017. The validator will be here at the service for about 4 days. Our QIP is due to be submitted on Wednesday 29th March, once this is received we will receive confirmation of the visit. This is a very exciting time for us as we are always looking for ways to improve the service we provide. In this newsletter we have added lots of information in regards to safety……..we hope you find the following topics relevant.
Car Park & Car Safety
Please remember children are not to be left unattended in any vehicle at any time.
When bringing siblings into the Centre you must not leave any child unattended in the carpark.
Please remember children under the age of seven must be restrained using the correct seat designed for their age, weight and height and should not be sitting in the front seat of the vehicle.
The following sites can assist with installing your car seats correctly so that your precious cargo is kept safe while travelling.
- Sleep baby on their back from birth, not on tummy or side.
- Sleep baby with head and face uncovered.
- Keep baby smoke free before birth and after
- Provide a safe sleeping environment.
- Sleep baby in their own safe sleeping place in the same room as an adult care-giver for the first six to twelve months.
- Breastfeed baby
Fire Drills are conducted monthly here at the Centre. Drills are carried out at spontaneous times throughout the day.
If by chance you are inside the Centre when a drill is being carried out, please follow the Educators instructions and follow the Evacuation Procedure. Please do not enter the building while an evacuation is under way.
As most of you are aware part of the National Quality Standards requires each Centre to provide sustainable practices.Here at Jellybeans we are practicing the following:
- Turning the fans and air conditioners in the rooms off prior to going outside in the afternoon.
- Recycling bins in the foyer for families to place goods that can be recycled within the Centre.
- Vegetable garden outside the Pre-school 1 Room, which is slowly but surely producing some fine produce that we hope to use in our Centre kitchen.